Subject: Trouble compiling kernel for G5.

From: Stefan Berndtsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 18:24:14 +0100

When trying to compile the latest rsynced kernel (checked today, 2004-01-09)
from source.mvista.com::linuxppc-2.5-benh (2.6.1-rc1-ben1) for my G5, I
run into the following message with SATA:

  CC      drivers/scsi/sata_svw.o
drivers/scsi/sata_svw.c:236: error: request for member `bios_param' in something not a structure or union
drivers/scsi/sata_svw.c:236: error: initializer element is not constant
drivers/scsi/sata_svw.c:236: error: (near initialization for `k2_sata_sht.proc_info')
drivers/scsi/sata_svw.c: In function `k2_sata_init_one':
drivers/scsi/sata_svw.c:369: warning: label `err_out_unmap' defined but not used
make[2]: *** [drivers/scsi/sata_svw.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [drivers/scsi] Error 2
make: *** [drivers] Error 2

My .config can be found at http://stefan.nocrew.org/config-g5.txt

GCC version is 3.3.3, currently running kernel 2.6.0-test10.

Anything else needed from me?

/Stefan

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/