Subject: Re: [PATCH v12 00/84] KVM: Stop grabbing references to PFNMAP'd pages

From: Alex Bennée <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2024 10:06:14 +0100

Sean Christopherson <[email-masked]> writes:

> arm64 folks, the first two patches are bug fixes, but I have very low
> confidence that they are correct and/or desirable.  If they are more or
> less correct, I can post them separately if that'd make life easier.  I
> included them here to avoid conflicts, and because I'm pretty sure how
> KVM deals with MTE tags vs. dirty logging will impact what APIs KVM needs
> to provide to arch code.
>
> On to the series...  The TL;DR is that I would like to get input on two
> things:
>
>  1. Marking folios dirty/accessed only on the intial stage-2 page fault
>  2. The new APIs for faulting, prefetching, and doing "lookups" on
>  pfns

I've finally managed to get virtio-vulkan working on my Arm64 devbox
with an AMD graphics card plugged into the PCI. I'm confident that the
graphics path is using the discrete card memory (as it has been mapped
as device memory with alignment handlers to deal with the broken Altra
PCI). However aside from running graphics workloads in KVM guests is
their anything else I can check to see things are behaving as expected?

The predecessor series did break launching some KVM guests on my x86
system but with this series launching guests works fine and I haven't
noticed any weirdness.

So for those caveats you can certainly have a:

Tested-by: Alex Bennée <[email-masked]>

However if there is anything else I can do to further stress test this
code do let me know.

-- 
Alex Bennée
Virtualisation Tech Lead @ Linaro