Subject: Re: [PATCH] powerpc: gpio driver for mpc831x/834x/837x with OF bindings

From: Peter Korsgaard <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 20:43:16 +0200

>>>>> "Kumar" == Kumar Gala <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi,

 >> create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/sysdev/mpc83xx_gpio.c

 Kumar> So we need to make this mpc8xxx_gpio.c 83xx, 8610, 85xx all have the
 Kumar> same GPIO hw.

Ok.

I'm not really familiar with the other 8xxx SoCs, but from looking at
the reference manuals it seems like the following are compatible:

831x, 834x and 837x
8572 (but not the other 85xx)
8610 (but not the other 86xx)

Worth noting is also that mpc5121 seems to use a newer version of the
core which is basically backwards compatible (It has more IRQ trigger
possibilities).

I'll respind the patch with 83xx->8xxx - Do you still want to keep the OF
bindings like they are? (compatible = "fsl,mpc8349-gpio")

-- 
Bye, Peter Korsgaard