Subject: Re: [PATCH] Xilinx UART Lite 2.6.18 driver

From: Peter Korsgaard <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 09:15:42 +0200

>>>>> "David" == David H Lynch <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi,

David>    Peter's driver uses the IORESOURCE requests to pull platform
David> data.  Most other serial platformdevices pull a uart_port
David> object.  My limited understanding of IORESOURCE is that it is
David> not sufficiently deep to support the parameters that are needed
David> to support UartLite such as a DCR flag and a regoffset.

I'm still not convinced that DCR access and variable register offsets
are needed - But it can always be added (through a seperate struct in
platform_data) - Patches are welcome.

The same with interrupt-less support if the changes are not too
intrusive.

David>    You are welcome to do that. I already patched his driver to
David> work with my early console support as well as adding the
David> boot-bash stuff similar to yours. But I gave up actually using
David> it when I could not get it to work.

Which is odd as I've gotten positive feedback from others.

David>    Next time I get an opportunity I am going to try to setup an
David> ml403 to atleast verify that Peter's driver is working there.

Great.

-- 
Bye, Peter Korsgaard