Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 5/6] KVM: PPC: Add support for nestedv2 guests

From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2023 22:23:58 +1000

Jordan Niethe <[email-masked]> writes:
> A series of hcalls have been added to the PAPR which allow a regular
> guest partition to create and manage guest partitions of its own. KVM
> already had an interface that allowed this on powernv platforms. This
> existing interface will now be called "nestedv1". The newly added PAPR
> interface will be called "nestedv2".  PHYP will support the nestedv2
> interface. At this time the host side of the nestedv2 interface has not
> been implemented on powernv but there is no technical reason why it
> could not be added.

Some build errors with powernv_defconfig, I haven't dug into them but
presumably some ifdefs needed.

  ../arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_nestedv2.c: In function ‘kvmhv_nestedv2_vcpu_create’:
  ../arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_nestedv2.c:954:14: error: implicit declaration of function ‘plpar_guest_create_vcpu’ [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
    954 |         rc = plpar_guest_create_vcpu(0, vcpu->kvm->arch.lpid, vcpu->vcpu_id);
        |              ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  ../arch/powerpc/kvm/guest-state-buffer.c: In function ‘kvmppc_gsb_send’:
  ../arch/powerpc/kvm/guest-state-buffer.c:592:14: error: implicit declaration of function ‘plpar_guest_set_state’ [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
    592 |         rc = plpar_guest_set_state(hflags, gsb->guest_id, gsb->vcpu_id,
        |              ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  ../arch/powerpc/kvm/guest-state-buffer.c: In function ‘kvmppc_gsb_recv’:
  ../arch/powerpc/kvm/guest-state-buffer.c:617:14: error: implicit declaration of function ‘plpar_guest_get_state’ [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
    617 |         rc = plpar_guest_get_state(hflags, gsb->guest_id, gsb->vcpu_id,

cheers