Subject: Re: [PATCH] fsldma: print correct IRQ on mpc83xx

From: Peter Korsgaard <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 20:29:15 +0100

>>>>> "Timur" == Timur Tabi <[email-masked]> writes:

 Timur> Peter Korsgaard wrote:
 >> Documentation/powerpc/dts-bindings/fsl/dma.txt and
 >> The NO_IRQ check in fsldma.c:fsl_dma_chan_probe()
 >> 
 >> And it makes sense, there's no per-channel DMAC interrupts on mpc83xx.

 Timur> But the device trees do have IRQs in the channels:

 Timur> arch/powerpc/boot/dts/mpc836x_mds.dts:

 Timur> So I don't see what bug you're trying to fix.  If you're
 Timur> saying that the interrupts should not be specific DMA
 Timur> channels, then the proper fix is to have the DMA driver pick
 Timur> up the interrupts from the DMA controller's node when
 Timur> necessary.  Hacking up a printk doesn't fix anything.

Ok, let me try again. SOME device trees indeed have an interrupt
property per channel, but the bindings
(Documentation/powerpc/dts-bindings/fsl/dma.txt) and the probe code in
fsldma.c doesn't require it.

The only minor issues we have is the cosmetic problem of the driver
printing NO_IRQ (E.G. this patch), and the driver calling
free_irq(NO_IRQ) (E.G. the other patch I sent today) in the release
path.

-- 
Bye, Peter Korsgaard