Subject: [GIT PULL] Please pull powerpc/linux.git powerpc-5.5-2 tag (topic/kasan-bitops)

From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2019 23:46:11 +1100

Hi Linus,

Please pull another powerpc update for 5.5.

As you'll see from the diffstat this is mostly not powerpc code. In order to do
KASAN instrumentation of bitops we needed to juggle some of the generic bitops
headers.

Because those changes potentially affect several architectures I wasn't
confident putting them directly into my tree, so I've had them sitting in a
topic branch. That branch (topic/kasan-bitops) has been in linux-next for a
month, and I've not had any feedback that it's caused any problems.

So I think this is good to merge, but it's a standalone pull so if anyone does
object it's not a problem.

cheers

The following changes since commit da0c9ea146cbe92b832f1b0f694840ea8eb33cce:

  Linux 5.4-rc2 (2019-10-06 14:27:30 -0700)

are available in the git repository at:

  https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/powerpc/linux.git tags/powerpc-5.5-2

for you to fetch changes up to 4f4afc2c9599520300b3f2b3666d2034fca03df3:

  docs/core-api: Remove possibly confusing sub-headings from Bit Operations (2019-12-04 21:20:28 +1100)

- ------------------------------------------------------------------
powerpc updates for 5.5 #2

A few commits splitting the KASAN instrumented bitops header in
three, to match the split of the asm-generic bitops headers.

This is needed on powerpc because we use asm-generic/bitops/non-atomic.h,
for the non-atomic bitops, whereas the existing KASAN instrumented
bitops assume all the underlying operations are provided by the arch
as arch_foo() versions.

Thanks to:
  Daniel Axtens & Christophe Leroy.

- ------------------------------------------------------------------
Daniel Axtens (2):
      kasan: support instrumented bitops combined with generic bitops
      powerpc: support KASAN instrumentation of bitops

Michael Ellerman (1):
      docs/core-api: Remove possibly confusing sub-headings from Bit Operations

 Documentation/core-api/kernel-api.rst                |   8 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/bitops.h                    |  51 ++--
 arch/s390/include/asm/bitops.h                       |   4 +-
 arch/x86/include/asm/bitops.h                        |   4 +-
 include/asm-generic/bitops-instrumented.h            | 263 --------------------
 include/asm-generic/bitops/instrumented-atomic.h     | 100 ++++++++
 include/asm-generic/bitops/instrumented-lock.h       |  81 ++++++
 include/asm-generic/bitops/instrumented-non-atomic.h | 114 +++++++++
 8 files changed, 337 insertions(+), 288 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 include/asm-generic/bitops-instrumented.h
 create mode 100644 include/asm-generic/bitops/instrumented-atomic.h
 create mode 100644 include/asm-generic/bitops/instrumented-lock.h
 create mode 100644 include/asm-generic/bitops/instrumented-non-atomic.h