Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] powernv: kvm: make _PAGE_NUMA take effect

From: "Aneesh Kumar K.V" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2014 13:12:29 +0530

Alexander Graf <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 03.04.14 04:36, Liu ping fan wrote:
>> Hi Alex, could you help to pick up this patch? since  v3.14 kernel can
>> enable numa fault for powerpc.
>
> What bad happens without this patch? We map a page even though it was 
> declared to get NUMA migrated? What happens next?

Nothing much, we won't be properly accounting the numa access in the
host.  What we want to achieve is to convert a guest access of the page to
a host fault so that we can do proper numa access accounting in the
host. This would enable us to migrate the page to the correct numa
node. 

>
> I'm trying to figure out whether I need to mark this with a stable tag 
> for 3.14.
>
>

-aneesh