Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH] Replaces long number representation by BIT() macro

From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2019 23:15:34 +1000

Segher Boessenkool <[email-masked]> writes:
> On Tue, Jul 02, 2019 at 11:16:35AM -0500, Segher Boessenkool wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 03, 2019 at 01:19:34AM +1000, Michael Ellerman wrote:
>> > What we could do is switch to the `UL` macro from include/linux/const.h,
>> > rather than using our own ASM_CONST.
>> 
>> You need gas 2.28 or later for that though.
>
> Oh, but apparently I cannot read.  That macro should work fine.

:)

Yeah one day we'll be able to drop them entirely, but not yet.

The official minimum is 2.20:
  https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/process/changes.html

But my "old" toolchain is binutils 2.22, so that's effectively the
minimum for anything I test. I'm not sure many people are actually
testing with 2.20.

cheers