Subject: Re: Linux powerpc new system call instruction and ABI

From: Matheus Castanho <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2021 17:00:36 -0300

Florian Weimer <[email-masked]> writes:

> * Matheus Castanho via Libc-alpha:
>
>> From: Nicholas Piggin <[email-masked]>
>> Subject: [PATCH 1/1] powerpc: Fix handling of scv return error codes
>>
>> When using scv on templated ASM syscalls, current code interprets any
>> negative return value as error, but the only valid error codes are in
>> the range -4095..-1 according to the ABI.
>>
>> Reviewed-by: Matheus Castanho <[email-masked]>
>
> Please reference bug 27892 in the commit message.  I'd also appreciate a
> backport to the 2.33 release branch (where you need to add NEWS manually
> to add the bug reference).

No problem. [BZ #27892] appended to the commit title. I'll make sure to
backport to 2.33 as well.

Thanks

--
Matheus Castanho