Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 0/6] Appended signatures support for IMA appraisal

From: Thiago Jung Bauermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2017 18:19:19 -0300

Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thiago Jung Bauermann <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> On the OpenPOWER platform, secure boot and trusted boot are being
>> implemented using IMA for taking measurements and verifying signatures.
>
> I still want you to implement arch_kexec_kernel_verify_sig() as well :)

Yes, I will implement it! We are still working on loading the public
keys for kernel signing from the firmware into a kernel keyring, so
there's not much point in implementing arch_kexec_kernel_verify_sig
without having that first.

The same problem also affects IMA: even with these patches, new code
still neededs to be added to make IMA use the platform keys for kernel
signature verification.

-- 
Thiago Jung Bauermann
IBM Linux Technology Center