Subject: Re: External Monitor under Pismo

From: [email-masked] (Jason E. Stewart)
Date: 04 Apr 2001 22:55:41 -0700

"Andrew Sharp" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Iain Sandoe wrote:
> >
> > because it's useful? ;-)
>
> Interesting word.  I wonder what it means.  But all seriousness
> aside, what I meant was that if I was going to do some development
> on this, I would also simultaneously work on getting the aty128
> direct driver to work.  In other words if it's already in the 128
> driver, then I would try to get that working on Pismo, rather than
> try adding CRT support to the fb driver.  I'm trying to make sense,
> really I am.  Someone else mentioned that X4 and X3 vary greatly.  I
> am aware of those differences.

I'm not clear how the drivers are all related to one another. I
believe that the framebuffer is the actual server module, while the
r128_driver.c is just the low level stuff. I'm not sure at all, but I
suppose I'll know a lot more in a few days ;-)

> OK, some I'm starting to get the clue that Pismo is the G3 powerbook
> w/ rage128, as opposed to Wallstreet, which is G3 PB w/mach64?  A
> couple more years and I'm sure I'll have it straight.

Sorry, yes, pismo is the G3 Firewire.

jas.

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/