Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] powerpc: Add generic PAGE_SIZE config symbols

From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 23:00:20 +1000

Christophe Leroy <[email-masked]> writes:
> Le 05/05/2022 à 14:51, Michael Ellerman a écrit :
>> Other arches (sh, mips, hexagon) use standard names for PAGE_SIZE
>> related config symbols.
>> 
>> Add matching symbols for powerpc, which are enabled by default but
>> depend on our architecture specific PAGE_SIZE symbols.
>> 
>> This allows generic/driver code to express dependencies on the PAGE_SIZE
>> without needing to refer to architecture specific config symbols.
>
> I guess next step should be to get rid of powerpc specific symbols and 
> use generic symbols instead.
>
> We have (only) 111 occurences of it.

I thought about doing that, but it's quite a bit of churn. Maybe it's
worth it though to avoid confusion between the two symbols.

There's probably some that could be converted to IS_ENABLED() at the
same time, especially in hash_utils.c.

cheers