Subject: new decimal conversion - seeking testers

From: Rasmus Villemoes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 00:09:19 +0100

Hi,

I've proposed a new implementation of decimal conversion for
lib/vsprintf.c; see
<http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/1892035/focus=1905478>.
Benchmarking so far shows 25-50% (depending on distribution of input
numbers) improvement on x86_64 and 10-30% on various 32 bit platforms.

Since the new code plays a little endianness game I would really
appreciate it if someone here would run the test and verification code
on ppc.

The code is on github, https://github.com/Villemoes/dec, and it should
be as simple as

   git clone https://github.com/Villemoes/dec.git
   cd dec
   make
   ./test   # benchmark
   ./verify # correctness

though I can't blame you if you want to inspect the code before
compiling and running something some stranger asks you to download :-)
See also the README file.

If 'make' doesn't work out-of-the-box, I'd also like to hear from you.

Thanks,
Rasmus