Subject: Re: [patch v7 3/4] USB: add Cypress c67x00 OTG controller HCD driver

From: Peter Korsgaard <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 20:25:56 +0100

>>>>> "Greg" == Greg KH <[email-masked]> writes:

 >> Sorry, I cannot reproduce that here. Could you try again?

 Greg> I will on the next round :)

Ok.

 Greg> Can you move the files under the hcd/ subdir

 Greg> Oops, I ment "host/" not, "hcd/".

Yeah, I guessed ;)

 >> Sorry, I don't think that's a good idea as the hardware can do
 >> peripheral as well, and as you can see in patch 4, a gadget driver is
 >> on it's way.

 Greg> Ok, that's fine, why can't the gadget stuff go into the gadget/
 Greg> directory then also?  As this device is a host controller, it makes
 Greg> sense to me to keep it in the host-controller subdirectory.

Because of the way the driver (and hardware) is structured. There is a
single c67x00.ko which can contain both hcd and gadget support
depending on Kconfig.

 Greg> run it through checkpatch.pl and fix up the __FUNCTION__
 Greg> warnings, and then I'll be willing to test it again :)
 >> 
 >> Ahh, that seems to be a pretty new warning in checkpatch - I atleast
 >> haven't seen it before. The other things it complains about seems to
 >> be rubbish though (except for the single indented label).

 Greg> What other things do you think are rubbish?

It misdetected a #define as a functions and complained, E.G.:

WARNING: no space between function name and open parenthesis '('
#298: FILE: include/linux/usb/c67x00.h:41:
+ #define C67X00_SIE2_PERIPHERAL_B	(C67X00_SIE_PERIPHERAL_B	<< 4)

But ok, the space before the #define shouldn't have been there.

 Greg> And yes, it's a new warning with the advent of 2.6.25-rc1, but
 Greg> that's no reason to ignore it :)

Sure. it's fixed in the v9 series.

-- 
Bye, Peter Korsgaard