Subject: ppc_sys.c with platform device model or create opb bus?

From: Yasushi SHOJI <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 15:26:21 +0900

Hi all,

I've been reading some posts regarding to the transition of OCP to
platform device mode while searching for a good way to implement a
device driver for our fpga base platform. And now I have one question
regarding to ppc_sys.c

  should I use ppc_sys_*() for platform like fpga?

since I'm working on FPGA base platform, ppc_sys_spec seems to be too
static. that is, IMHO, having static array of device list isn't ideal
for a dynamic system like fpga.

I feel that the ppc_sys_spec is for SoC, which doesn't dynamically
change the peripherals it has.  otoh, fpga based platform can have
arbitrary number of devices if you configured so.

I usually implement a device with PLB or OPB.  for those bus, should I
use platform device model or create new buses for each?

regards,
--
        yashi