Subject: Re: Is anyone using the C67x00 USB Host ?

From: Peter Korsgaard <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 13:00:08 +0100

>>>>> "Michal" == Michal Simek <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi,

 Michal> You should try to swap mailbox and addr address.

 Michal> /* HPI registers */
 Michal> #define HPI_DATA	0
 Michal> #define HPI_MAILBOX	2
 Michal> #define HPI_ADDR	1
 Michal> #define HPI_STATUS	3

Why? Have you swapped your A0 / A1?

 Michal> Peter:

 Michal> What does it mean when I am getting TIMEOUT when kernel is
 Michal> trying to assign address to device?

 Michal> Here is the correspond log part. usb_control_msg 5 means
 Michal> address assigning. And there is timeout description. Star
 Michal> means interrupt occur.

 Michal> *usb_control_msg 5, -115
 Michal> hub_set_address 4 ffffff8d
 Michal> hub_set_address 8 ffffff8d
 Michal> +-------------retval ffffff8d ---------------+
 Michal> OK*... 0x14 ......*---c67x00_td_to_error---
 Michal> *timeout
 Michal> --------------------------------------1-----------
 Michal> *<6>c67x00 c67x00.0: ### TIMEOUT at 0x0500

I'm not quite following here - Is that the
wait_for_completion_timeout() in c67x00-sched.c?

USB questions are probably better asked on the
[email-masked] list.

 Michal> Don't you have your testing version for any kernel before
 Michal> 2.6.23? There were some change in usb subsystem.

There's some older patches at
http://peter.korsgaard.com/patches/linux, but why are you using such
an ancient kernel?

-- 
Bye, Peter Korsgaard