Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] arm64: kexec: Check if IRQ is already masked before masking

From: Thomas Gleixner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2024 11:43:20 +0100

On Wed, Nov 27 2024 at 15:22, Eliav Farber wrote:

As a related note. The subject line is not really matching what the
patch does. It want's to be split into a core change and one patch per
architecture.

> This patch replaces the direct invocation of the irq_mask() and

git grep 'This patch' Documentation/process/

> irq_disable() hooks with simplified code that leverages the
> irq_disable() kernel infrastructure. This higher-level function checks
> the interrupt's state to prevent redundant operations. Additionally, the
> IRQ_DISABLE_UNLAZY status flag is set to ensure that, for interrupt
> chips lacking an irq_disable callback, the disable operation is handled
> using the lazy approach.

Not that it matters much anymore, but the last sentence does not make
sense:

  Set the UNLAZY flag so disable is handled using the LAZY approach ...

Thanks,

        tglx