Subject: Re: PPC64: G5 & 4k/64k page size (was: Re: Call for report - G5/PPC970 status)

From: "Aneesh Kumar K.V" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2019 10:01:16 +0530

Romain Dolbeau <[email-masked]> writes:

> Le jeu. 12 déc. 2019 à 22:40, Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]> a écrit :
>> I'm using 4K pages, in case that matters
>
> Yes it does matter, as it seems to be the difference between "working"
> and "not working" :-)
> Thank you for the config & pointing out the culprit!
>
> With your config, my machine boots (though it's missing some features
> as the config seems quite tuned).
>
> Moving from 64k pages to 4k pages on 'my' config (essentially,
> Debian's 5.3 with default values for changes since), my machine boots
> as well & everything seems to work fine.
>
> So question to Aneesh - did you try 64k pages on your G5, or only 4k?
> In the second case, could you try with 64k to see if you can reproduce
> the crash?

I don't have direct access to this system, I have asked if we can get a run
with 64K. 

Meanwhile is there a way to find out what caused MachineCheck? more
details on this? I was checking the manual and I don't see any
restrictions w.r.t effective address. We now have very high EA with 64K
page size. 

-aneesh