Subject: Re: [PATCH] arch/powerpc/mm/slice: Cleanup leftover use of task_size

From: "Aneesh Kumar K.V" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2017 01:03:40 +0530

[email-masked] writes:

> From: Rick Lindsley <[email-masked]>
>

> However, the non-radix path falls through to the old, hashed slice code
> (slice_get_unmapped_area, etc.) and these code paths still inspect
> task_size.  The same attention to addr_limit made in (for example)
> radix__arch_get_unmapped_area() should also be applied to (correspondingly)
> slice_get_unmapped_area().

I missed this part earlier. I guess that should be fixed in radix code.
This came in via fbfef9027c2a7ad9277755509fdb849dbccfe8c1 (powerpc/mm:
Switch some TASK_SIZE checks to use mm_context addr_limit). That patch
needs update. When we switched from mm->task_size to
mm->context.addr_limit in latest version of the patch, we missed
updating the above correctly. I have now send a version  which should
update this correctly.

https://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-dev/2017-April/156781.html

With this we use addr_limit only for slice mask optimization and addr
serach limit. All the boundary check is now based on mm->task_size.

We will later consolidate TASK_SIZE/mm->task_size/mm->context.addr_limit

-aneesh