Subject: Re: [PATCH] console: use first console if stdout-path device doesn't appear

From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 20:58:49 +0200

On Okt 18 2016, Paul Burton <[email-masked]> wrote:

> If a device tree specified a preferred device for kernel console output
> via the stdout-path or linux,stdout-path chosen node properties there's
> no guarantee that it will have specified a device for which we have a
> driver. It may also be the case that we do have a driver but it doesn't
> call of_console_check() to register as a preferred console (eg. offb
> driver as used on powermac systems). In these cases try to ensure that
> we provide some console output by enabling the first console in the
> console_drivers list.
>
> As I don't have access to an affected system this has only been build
> tested - testing would be most appreciated.

Unfortunately that doesn't work.  The initial console still cannot be
opened.

Andreas.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, [email-masked]
GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756  01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."