Subject: Re: [PATCH] powerpc/32s: Setup the early hash table at all time.

From: Serge Belyshev <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2020 17:53:01 +0300

>>> To be sure we are not in front of a long lasting bug, could you try
>>> CONFIG_KASAN=y on v5.9 ?
>>
>> Indeed it started to fail somewhere between v5.6 and v5.7.
>>
>> v5.7 fails early with few messages on the console with reboot, v5.8 and
>> later hang right at bootloader.
>>
>> I'm bisecting now.
>
> (side note: I tried FB_OF=y instead of DRM_RADEON + DRM_FBDEV_* to speed
> up bisection and it turns out in that configuration KASAN never worked,
> down to commit 305d600123046, hanging right after bootloader or even
> with invalid access in the bootloader itself).

My bisection ended up nowhere (at net-next merge with 2k commits), and
given the above failure with unrelated configuration change, I conclude
that KASAN=y was always broken on this box.