Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 0/5] Early node associativity

From: Nathan Lynch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 07:27:12 -0500

Nathan Lynch <[email-masked]> writes:
> Srikar Dronamraju <[email-masked]> writes:
>> Abdul reported  a warning on a shared lpar.
>> "WARNING: workqueue cpumask: online intersect > possible intersect".
>> This is because per node workqueue possible mask is set very early in the
>> boot process even before the system was querying the home node
>> associativity. However per node workqueue online cpumask gets updated
>> dynamically. Hence there is a chance when per node workqueue online cpumask
>> is a superset of per node workqueue possible mask.
>
> Sorry for the delay in following up on these. The series looks good to
> me, and I've given it a little testing with LPM and DLPAR. I've also
> verified that the cpu assignments occur early as intended on an LPAR
> where that workqueue warning had been triggered.

If this is applied I think we can remove about 500 loc from numa.c. Once
splpar cpu-node assignments are done in the same sequence as with
dedicated processor mode, numa_update_cpu_topology() and related code
becomes unneeded.

Michael?