Subject: Re: [PATCH v7 2/5] seq_buf: Export seq_buf_printf() to external modules

From: Vaibhav Jain <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2020 18:38:20 +0530

Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]> writes:

> Borislav Petkov <[email-masked]> writes:
>> On Fri, May 08, 2020 at 04:19:19PM +0530, Vaibhav Jain wrote:
>>> 'seq_buf' provides a very useful abstraction for writing to a string
>>> buffer without needing to worry about it over-flowing. However even
>>> though the API has been stable for couple of years now its stills not
>>> exported to external modules limiting its usage.
>>> 
>>> Hence this patch proposes update to 'seq_buf.c' to mark
>>> seq_buf_printf() which is part of the seq_buf API to be exported to
>>> external GPL modules. This symbol will be used in later parts of this
>>
>> What is "external GPL modules"?
>
> A module that has MODULE_LICENSE("GPL") ?

Yes, by "external GPL modules" I meant Kernel lodable modules with
licensed as "GPL"

~ Vaibhav
> cheers