Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/5] [PPC] Merge common virtex header files

From: Peter Korsgaard <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 06:26:08 +0200

>>>>> "GL" == Grant Likely <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi,

>> instead? I'm using RedBoot on a virtex platform, and hence another
>> struct bd_info than the ML300/ML403.

GL> Alternate suggestion: Can we change virtex support to use the
GL> structure defined in ppcboot.h instead?  (I've actually got that
GL> change in my tree and was planning on posting it for review today
GL> or tomorrow).  bd_t is a stinking ugly mess, but things would be
GL> better if we standardize all virtex platforms on the stinking ugly
GL> mess shared by almost all the other ppc embedded board ports.

That's where the ugly mess pops up - RedBoot uses another
(incompatible) bd_t definition than U-boot, E.G:

typedef struct bd_info {
	unsigned int   bi_tag;        /* Should be 0x42444944 "BDID" */
	unsigned int   bi_size;       /* Size of this structure */
	unsigned int   bi_revision;   /* revision of this structure */
	unsigned int   bi_bdate;      /* bootstrap date, i.e. 0x11061997 */
	unsigned int   bi_memstart;   /* Memory start address */
	unsigned int   bi_memsize;    /* Memory (end) size in bytes */
	unsigned int   bi_intfreq;    /* Internal Freq, in Hz */
	unsigned int   bi_busfreq;    /* Bus Freq, in Hz */
	unsigned int   bi_cpmfreq;    /* CPM Freq, in Hz */
	unsigned int   bi_brgfreq;    /* BRG Freq, in Hz */
	unsigned int   bi_vco;        /* VCO Out from PLL */
	unsigned int   bi_pci_freq;   /* PCI Freq, in Hz */
	unsigned int   bi_baudrate;   /* Default console baud rate */
	unsigned int   bi_immr;       /* IMMR when called from boot rom */
	unsigned char  bi_enetaddr[6];
	unsigned int   bi_flashbase;  /* Physical address of FLASH memory */
	unsigned int   bi_flashsize;  /* Length of FLASH memory */
	int            bi_flashwidth; /* Width (8,16,32,64) */
	unsigned char *bi_cmdline;    /* Pointer to command line */
} bd_t;

I should probably migrate to U-boot anyway, but still ..

-- 
Bye, Peter Korsgaard