Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] powerpc/pseries: Fix maximum memory value

From: Nathan Lynch <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2019 12:27:20 -0500

Aravinda Prasad <[email-masked]> writes:
> Calculating the maximum memory based on the number of lmbs
> and lmb size does not account for the RMA region. Hence
> use memory_hotplug_max(), which already accounts for the
> RMA region, to fetch the maximum memory value. Thanks to
> Nathan Lynch for suggesting the memory_hotplug_max()
> function.

Well, I hope I haven't led you astray... will it give you the desired
result on a kernel configured without memory hotplug support, booted in
an LPAR with some huge pages configured?

If so, then
Acked-by: Nathan Lynch <[email-masked]>

It would likely help with review and future maintenance if the semantics
and intended use of the MaxMem field are made a little more
explicit. For example, is it supposed to include persistent memory?
Perhaps a follow-up patch could address this. Or maybe I'm overthinking
it.