Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 1/3] powerpc/powernv: Add OPAL API interface to get secureboot state

From: Daniel Axtens <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2019 09:56:05 +1000

Hi Nayna,

>> I guess I also somewhat object to calling it a 'backend' if we're using
>> it as a version scheme. I think the skiboot storage backends are true
>> backends - they provide different implementations of the same
>> functionality with the same API, but this seems like you're using it to
>> indicate different functionality. It seems like we're using it as if it
>> were called OPAL_SECVAR_VERSION.
>
> We are changing how we are exposing the version to the kernel. The 
> version will be exposed as device-tree entry rather than a OPAL runtime 
> service. We are not tied to the name "backend", we can switch to calling 
> it as "scheme" unless there is a better name.

This sounds like a good approach to me.

Kind regards,
Daniel

> Thanks & Regards,
>        - Nayna