Subject: Re: [PATCH] powerpc: gpio driver for mpc831x/834x/837x with OF bindings

From: Peter Korsgaard <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 20:45:33 +0200

>>>>> "Anton" == Anton Vorontsov <[email-masked]> writes:

 Anton> On Fri, Sep 05, 2008 at 05:08:47PM +0200, Peter Korsgaard wrote:
 >> Structured similar to the existing QE GPIO support.
 >> 
 >> Signed-off-by: Peter Korsgaard <[email-masked]>
 >> ---

 Anton> I posted identical driver in June. ;-)

 Anton> http://ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-dev/2008-June/057395.html

Ahh, I must have missed it back then. Seems like you never got any
feedback on it - Now, as we both independently got to ~same result, it
must be a good approach ;) Kumar, what do you say?

>>From a quick look, your driver seems to set the data / direction
registers in the wrong order in fsl_gpio_dir_out causing a glitch with
high level outputs:

http://peter.korsgaard.com/patches/uboot/mpc83xx-gpio-level-before-direction.patch

(Never seems to have made it to the U-Boot list archive, but it's in
git now).

-- 
Bye, Peter Korsgaard