Subject: Re: linux 2.6 hangs at __delay function on Viretx 4 board

From: Peter Korsgaard <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 10:55:34 +0200

>>>>> "swamydp" == swamydp  <[email-masked]> writes:

 swamydp> Hi John

 swamydp> I am using UARTLITE as serial console. I do not have license
 swamydp> for UART 16550.  I have enabled the drivers for uartlite in
 swamydp> menuconfig while configuring the kernel. I have tested all
 swamydp> combinations for the kernel command line - tty0, ttyUL0,
 swamydp> ttyl0, ttyS0 but could not get uartlite to output kernel
 swamydp> printk messages.

Correct syntax is console=ttyUL0

 swamydp> Since I am using uartlite , the following settings are
 swamydp> turned off in menuconfig

 swamydp> CONFIG_SERIAL_8250=n
 swamydp> CONFIG_SERIAL_8250_CONSOLE=n

Do you have console on uartlite (CONFIG_SERIAL_UARTLITE_CONSOLE)
enabled?

-- 
Bye, Peter Korsgaard