Subject: Re: [PATCH] powerpc/64s: power4 nap fixup in C

From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 17:30:40 +0200

On Mär 29 2021, Michael Ellerman wrote:

> Nicholas Piggin <[email-masked]> writes:
>> There is no need for this to be in asm, use the new intrrupt entry wrapper.
>>
>> Signed-off-by: Nicholas Piggin <[email-masked]>
>> ---
>> Hopefully this works on a real G5 now, but I couldn't reproduce the
>> problem with QEMU.
>
> It still prevents my G5 from booting.

I see differing failures.  What's common is that there is a pause of
about 60 seconds before the crash occurs.  It looks like the crash
occurs in power4_idle_nap+0x30/0x34.  Unfortuately, the BootX console is
too small to see enough.

Andreas.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, [email-masked]
GPG Key fingerprint = 7578 EB47 D4E5 4D69 2510  2552 DF73 E780 A9DA AEC1
"And now for something completely different."