Subject: Re: passing NULL to clock_getres (VDSO): terminated by unexpected signal 11

From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2019 21:18:18 +0200

On Okt 19 2019, Christophe Leroy <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi Nathan,
>
> While trying to switch powerpc VDSO to C version of gettimeofday(), I'm
> getting the following kind of error with vdsotest:
>
> passing NULL to clock_getres (VDSO): terminated by unexpected signal 11
>
> Looking at commit a9446a906f52 ("lib/vdso/32: Remove inconsistent NULL
> pointer checks"), it seems that signal 11 is expected when passing NULL
> pointer.
>
> Any plan to fix vdsotest ?

Passing NULL to clock_getres is valid, and required to return
successfully if the clock id is valid.

Andreas.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, [email-masked]
GPG Key fingerprint = 7578 EB47 D4E5 4D69 2510  2552 DF73 E780 A9DA AEC1
"And now for something completely different."