Subject: Re: [PATCH v5] powerpc/kdump: Add support for crashkernel CMA reservation

From: Ritesh Harjani (IBM) <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2025 15:48:48 +0530

Sourabh Jain <[email-masked]> writes:

> I would like to keep kdump_cma_reserve() as is it because of two reasons:
>
> - It keeps setup_arch() free from kdump #ifdefs

Not really.

Instead of kdump_cma_reserve(crashk_cma_size), one could call

reserve_crashkernel_cma(crashk_cma_size) directly in setup_arch().

> - In case if we want to add some condition on this reservation it would 
> straight forward.
>

Make sense.

> So lets keep kdump_cma_reserve as is, unless you have strong opinion on 
> not to.
>

No strong opinion, as I said it was a minor nit. Feel free to keep the
function kdump_cma_reserve() as is then.

-ritesh