Subject: Re: passing NULL to clock_getres (VDSO): terminated by unexpected signal 11

From: Nathan Lynch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 10:46:22 -0500

Hi Christophe,

Christophe Leroy <[email-masked]> writes:
> Hi Nathan,
>
> While trying to switch powerpc VDSO to C version of gettimeofday(), I'm 
> getting the following kind of error with vdsotest:
>
> passing NULL to clock_getres (VDSO): terminated by unexpected signal 11
>
> Looking at commit a9446a906f52 ("lib/vdso/32: Remove inconsistent NULL 
> pointer checks"), it seems that signal 11 is expected when passing NULL 
> pointer.
>
> Any plan to fix vdsotest ?

I'm afraid other work has kept me from following up on this promptly,
sorry. I've read the thread here:

https://lore.kernel.org/linuxppc-dev/[email-masked]/

And it looks like vdsotest does not need a fix (and in fact found a bug)
-- correct?