Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH 2/9] powerpc/pseries: fix bad drc_index_start value parsing of drc-info entry

From: Nathan Lynch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 14:04:59 -0500

Tyrel Datwyler <[email-masked]> writes:
> The ibm,drc-info property is an array property that contains drc-info
> entries such that each entry is made up of 2 string encoded elements
> followed by 5 int encoded elements. The of_read_drc_info_cell()
> helper contains comments that correctly name the expected elements
> and their encoding. However, the usage of of_prop_next_string() and
> of_prop_next_u32() introduced a subtle skippage of the first u32.
> This is a result of of_prop_next_string() returns a pointer to the
> next property value which is not a string, but actually a (__be32 *).
> As, a result the following call to of_prop_next_u32() passes over the
> current int encoded value and actually stores the next one wrongly.
>
> Simply endian swap the current value in place after reading the first
> two string values. The remaining int encoded values can then be read
> correctly using of_prop_next_u32().

Good but I think it would make more sense for a fix for
of_read_drc_info_cell() to precede any patch in the series which
introduces new callers, such as patch #1.