Subject: Re: [PATCH v1 0/2] powerpc/pseries/cmm: two smaller fixes

From: Ritesh Harjani (IBM) <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2025 10:35:29 +0530

"David Hildenbrand (Red Hat)" <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 10/21/25 12:06, David Hildenbrand wrote:
>> Two smaller fixes identified while doing a bigger rework.
>> 
>> Compile-tested only as I don't have an easy way to test right now.
>> 
>> I would prefer for these patches to go through the MM tree as I will
>> be sending out a bigger version soon that is based on this series --
>> I split of the fixes from the other stuff.
>> 
>
> Ping,
>
> I tried to get CMM running again (using the simulation mode I introduced 
> a while back), but so far my attempts to get a reasonable powernv VM 
> booted in QEMU failed :(
>
> (e.g., Fedora qcow2 images use xfs, but the open powernv loader is based 
> on a 5.10 kernel without some mystical XFS feature ...)
>

Sorry, I missed seeing this earlier.

Do you have the link to simulation mode which you are referring above
please? So far I didn't find the support of this beyond Linux LPAR
(pseries), but maybe I missed it.

-ritesh