Subject: Re: [PATCH] powerpc/mpc52xx_lpbfifo: Drop unused functions

From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2023 10:11:25 +1000

Uwe Kleine-König <[email-masked]> writes:
> On Wed, Dec 28, 2022 at 03:51:29PM +0100, Uwe Kleine-König wrote:
>> The four exported functions mpc52xx_lpbfifo_submit(),
>> mpc52xx_lpbfifo_abort(), mpc52xx_lpbfifo_poll(), and
>> mpc52xx_lpbfifo_start_xfer() are not used. So they can be dropped and the
>> definitions needed to call them can be moved into the driver file.
>> 
>> Signed-off-by: Uwe Kleine-König <[email-masked]>
>
> I never got feedback about this driver and it has not appeared in next
> up to now. Did it fell through the cracks?

Yeah. I was hoping someone would explain what's going on with the
driver.

Presumably there are some out-of-tree drivers that use the routines
provided by this driver?

I think rather than merging this patch, which keeps the code but makes
it completely useless, do you mind sending a patch to remove the whole
driver? Maybe that will get someone's attention.

cheers