Subject: Regarding Keyboard events mapping in different consoles

From: Vijesh VH <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 16:37:05 +0530

Hi,
I am currently working on Powerpc405 Processor. Here I have two interfaces 
like serial Interface and IR Interface.
When I boot the kernel using the Serial console what ever i type from the 
keyboard(on a PC) using minicom the serial data transfer takes place in 
kernel , the kernel decodes the key events of serial console( serial 
interface). 
Now, I have built the IR Driver which access the handle_scancode function in 
the kernel (keyboard.c) by passing the required scan codes and status of the 
keys.
The problem here is What ever i type using IR Keyboard appears on my VC 
(virtual console or Frame buffer Device) . How do I make IR key 
events(handle_scancode) to be handled by the Serial console's keyboard part.

Please do guide me how to proceed.

-- 
Thanks and Regards,
Vijesh V H