Subject: [PATCH] Add support for power9 in ibm_architecture_vec

From: Balbir Singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 18:17:59 +1000

The PVR list has been updated and IBM_ARCH_VEC_NRCORES_OFFSET.

Signed-off-by: Balbir Singh <[email-masked]>
---
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/prom.h | 5 ++++-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/prom_init.c | 5 ++++-
 2 files changed, 8 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/arch/powerpc/include/asm/prom.h b/arch/powerpc/include/asm/prom.h
index 7f436ba..da0c98e 100644
--- a/arch/powerpc/include/asm/prom.h
+++ b/arch/powerpc/include/asm/prom.h
@@ -111,7 +111,7 @@ struct of_drconf_cell {
 #define OV_IGNORE		0x80	/* ignore this vector */
 #define OV_CESSATION_POLICY	0x40	/* halt if unsupported option present*/
 
-/* Option vector 1: processor architectures supported */
+/* Option vector 1: byte 2, processor architectures supported */
 #define OV1_PPC_2_00		0x80	/* set if we support PowerPC 2.00 */
 #define OV1_PPC_2_01		0x40	/* set if we support PowerPC 2.01 */
 #define OV1_PPC_2_02		0x20	/* set if we support PowerPC 2.02 */
@@ -121,6 +121,9 @@ struct of_drconf_cell {
 #define OV1_PPC_2_06		0x02	/* set if we support PowerPC 2.06 */
 #define OV1_PPC_2_07		0x01	/* set if we support PowerPC 2.07 */
 
+/* Option vector 1: byte 3, processor architectures supported */
+#define OV1_PPC_3_00		0x80	/* set if we support PowerPC 3.00 */
+
 /* Option vector 2: Open Firmware options supported */
 #define OV2_REAL_MODE		0x20	/* set if we want OF in real mode */
 
diff --git a/arch/powerpc/kernel/prom_init.c b/arch/powerpc/kernel/prom_init.c
index ccd2037..51f63e8 100644
--- a/arch/powerpc/kernel/prom_init.c
+++ b/arch/powerpc/kernel/prom_init.c
@@ -658,6 +658,8 @@ unsigned char ibm_architecture_vec[] = {
 	W(0xffff0000), W(0x004b0000),	/* POWER8E */
 	W(0xffff0000), W(0x004c0000),   /* POWER8NVL */
 	W(0xffff0000), W(0x004d0000),	/* POWER8 */
+	W(0xffff0000), W(0x004e0000),	/* POWER9 */
+	W(0xffffffff), W(0x0f000005),	/* all 3.0-compliant */
 	W(0xffffffff), W(0x0f000004),	/* all 2.07-compliant */
 	W(0xffffffff), W(0x0f000003),	/* all 2.06-compliant */
 	W(0xffffffff), W(0x0f000002),	/* all 2.05-compliant */
@@ -669,6 +671,7 @@ unsigned char ibm_architecture_vec[] = {
 	0,				/* don't ignore, don't halt */
 	OV1_PPC_2_00 | OV1_PPC_2_01 | OV1_PPC_2_02 | OV1_PPC_2_03 |
 	OV1_PPC_2_04 | OV1_PPC_2_05 | OV1_PPC_2_06 | OV1_PPC_2_07,
+	OV1_PPC_3_00,
 
 	/* option vector 2: Open Firmware options supported */
 	VECTOR_LENGTH(33),		/* length */
@@ -719,7 +722,7 @@ unsigned char ibm_architecture_vec[] = {
 	 * must match by the macro below. Update the definition if
 	 * the structure layout changes.
 	 */
-#define IBM_ARCH_VEC_NRCORES_OFFSET	125
+#define IBM_ARCH_VEC_NRCORES_OFFSET	150
 	W(NR_CPUS),			/* number of cores supported */
 	0,
 	0,
-- 
2.5.5