Subject: Re: [PATCH] jffs2 file system

From: Nethra <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 20:28:57 -0800 (PST)

thanks...

what are the steps to create jffs2 image?

do i need to disable nfs option in kernel?

what r steps for jffs2 mounting after nfs mounting on the board?

nethra

> do i need to mention mtdparts in command line....i thought that it is
> enabled in case if we want we can specify partitions in command line
> itself.

The kernel does not know anything about your flash partitioning. Where is
mtd0 
starting in your flash? At the baseaddress of the flash?

> do i need to disable ramdisk option in kernel config for jffs2 booting?

No.

On my MPC5200 based system I start the kernel with this partition command:

mtdparts=phys_mapped_flash:256k(ubootl),1792k(kernel),13312k(jffs2),256k(uboot)ro,-(space)
root=/dev/mtdblock2 rootfstype=jffs2

Juergen

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/jffs2-file-system-tf3271928.html#a9113399
Sent from the linuxppc-embedded mailing list archive at Nabble.com.