Subject: VME driver problem on MVME6100

From: "Konstantin Boyanov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 19:05:32 +0200

Hi there,

These days I'm trying to "bring up" a VME driver on a Motorola SBC but I'm
getting in some troubles.
Actually there are no problems with the driver itself, methinks, it loads
correctly and everithing seems to be fine.
But when I try to create an outbound window, in order to "talk" some other
boards in the crate I get this:

__ioremap(): phys addr 01000000 is RAM lr d100be34
mode 0
vmedrv: No memory for outbound window
testout: VME_IOCTL_SET_OUTBOUND failed.  Errno = 12

I'm not sure I understand all of this anyways... Except that there is no
sufficient memory to map for the outbound window.
That's what this test is supposed to do is to open the appropriate devices
for the VME bus (in this case /dev/vme_m[0-7]), configure the outbound
windows from 0 through 6 (the 7th is reserved) and then verifies that data
can be read through these outbound windows.
I'm using an VME driver downloaded from vmelinux.org and here is the source
of the test program I'm trying to run ->
http://www-zeuthen.desy.de/~boyanov/testOutWindow.txt<http://www-zeuthen.desy.de/%7Eboyanov/testOutWindow.txt>

I'm sorry for the newb question, but any ideas what is going wrong?
Thank you.

Kind regards,
Konstantin Boyanov