Subject: Re[2]: [PATCH][v2] powerpc 44x: support for 256KB PAGE_SIZE

From: Yuri Tikhonov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 23:00:07 +0300

=0D=0AHello Andreas,

On Sunday, December 21, 2008 you wrote:

> Yuri Tikhonov <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Because ELF standard supports only page sizes up to 64K, then you should
>> use patched binutils for building applications to be run with the 256KB-
>> page sized kernel. The patch for binutils is rather trivial, and may
>> look as follows:
>>
>> --- binutils/bfd/elf32-ppc.c.orig
>> +++ binutils/bfd/elf32-ppc.c
>>
>> -#define ELF_MAXPAGESIZE                0x10000
>> +#define ELF_MAXPAGESIZE                0x40000

> You don't have to patch it, it's enough to pass -zmax-page-size=3D0x40000
> to the linker.

 Thanks for pointing this. I guess, the -zmax-page-size option is new=20
to binutils 2.17.50.0.10. Right?

 I'll remove the STDBINUTILS config option from this patch then, and=20
correspondingly update the description.

 Regards, Yuri

 --
 Yuri Tikhonov, Senior Software Engineer
 Emcraft Systems, www.emcraft.com