Subject: Re: [PATCH v12 00/11] Appended signatures support for IMA appraisal

From: Jordan Hand <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 15:46:57 -0700

On 6/27/19 7:19 PM, Thiago Jung Bauermann wrote:
> On the OpenPOWER platform, secure boot and trusted boot are being
> implemented using IMA for taking measurements and verifying signatures.
> Since the kernel image on Power servers is an ELF binary, kernels are
> signed using the scripts/sign-file tool and thus use the same signature
> format as signed kernel modules.
> 
> This patch series adds support in IMA for verifying those signatures.
> It adds flexibility to OpenPOWER secure boot, because it allows it to boot
> kernels with the signature appended to them as well as kernels where the
> signature is stored in the IMA extended attribute.

I know this is pretty late, but I just wanted to let you know that I
tested this patch set on x86_64 with QEMU.

That is, I enrolled a key to _ima keyring, signed my kernel and modules
with appended signatures (with scripts/sign-file), set the IMA policy to
appraise and measure my kernel and modules. Also tested kexec appraisal.

You can add my tested-by if you'd like.

-Jordan