Subject: Re: More USB questions (for the MPC8xx)

From: Christian Schroeder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 10:15:23 +0100 (MET)

Quoting Kári Davíðsson <[email-masked]>:

>
> Hi,
>
> I managed to get the m8xxhci with the TIMER1 patch to sort of work with
> my board.
> I.e. the SOF seem to be genrated normally and there seem to be some
> traffic on
> the usb bus when I plug in keyspan_pda USB device. Althoug the
> initialization of
> the keyspan_pda fails.
> I have also tried a MS USBMouse but then the m8xxhci is totally silent
> and there
> is no traffic on the USB.
>
> What kind of USB devices have you used to plug to a MPC8xx in HIC mode?
>

Hi,

I have similar experiences. I use a TQM823L board and applied Roman Weiss-
gaerbers patches. The microcode patch seems to work, because I can see the
SOF packets every 1 ms between D+ and GND. If I disconnect /DREQ1, the
SOFs disappear. So far so good. Now I tried to connect USB devices.

First I connected an USB mouse and got:

rh::int:0 2 1 301 1
m8xxhci_alloc_dev(usb_dev=c0fcca00)
hub.c: USB new device connect on bus1/1, assigned device number 2
usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
unlink_urb(urb=c04b5f50,qtype=2) status -115
unlink_urb(urb=c04b5f50) done
usb.c: USB device not accepting new address=2 (error=-110)
m8xxhci_free_dev(usb_dev=c0fcca00)
m8xxhci_free_dev(dev=c0fcca00) done
m8xxhci_alloc_dev(usb_dev=c0fcca00)
hub.c: USB new device connect on bus1/1, assigned device number 3
usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
unlink_urb(urb=c04b5f50,qtype=2) status -115
unlink_urb(urb=c04b5f50) done
usb.c: USB device not accepting new address=3 (error=-110)
m8xxhci_free_dev(usb_dev=c0fcca00)
m8xxhci_free_dev(dev=c0fcca00) done

The SOFs disappear completely and I cannot see any traffic
between D+ and GND. The D+ Line goes up (about 3 V).

If I connct a Thunderbird 4-port USB hub, I get:

rh::int:0 2 2 101 1
m8xxhci_alloc_dev(usb_dev=c0fcca00)
hub.c: USB new device connect on bus1/1, assigned device number 2
rx err sc (status 0x1c54)
complete urb c04b5f50, actual_length 0, status -1
unlink_urb(urb=c04b5f50,qtype=2) status -110
unlink_urb(urb=c04b5f50) done
complete urb c04b5f50, actual_length 0, status -1
unlink_urb(urb=c04b5f50,qtype=2) status -110
unlink_urb(urb=c04b5f50) done
complete urb c04b5f50, actual_length 0, status -1
unlink_urb(urb=c04b5f50,qtype=2) status -110
unlink_urb(urb=c04b5f50) done
complete urb c04b5f50, actual_length 0, status -1
unlink_urb(urb=c04b5f50,qtype=2) status -110
unlink_urb(urb=c04b5f50) done
complete urb c04b5f50, actual_length 0, status -1
unlink_urb(urb=c04b5f50,qtype=2) status -110
unlink_urb(urb=c04b5f50) done
usb.c: USB device not responding, giving up (error=-110)
m8xxhci_free_dev(usb_dev=c0fcca00)
m8xxhci_free_dev(dev=c0fcca00) done
m8xxhci_alloc_dev(usb_dev=c0fcca00)
hub.c: USB new device connect on bus1/1, assigned device number 3
complete urb c04b5f50, actual_length 8, status -1
unlink_urb(urb=c04b5f50,qtype=2) status -110
unlink_urb(urb=c04b5f50) done
complete urb c04b5f50, actual_length 8, status -1
unlink_urb(urb=c04b5f50,qtype=2) status -110
unlink_urb(urb=c04b5f50) done
complete urb c04b5f50, actual_length 8, status -1
unlink_urb(urb=c04b5f50,qtype=2) status -110
unlink_urb(urb=c04b5f50) done
complete urb c04b5f50, actual_length 8, status -1
unlink_urb(urb=c04b5f50,qtype=2) status -110
unlink_urb(urb=c04b5f50) done
rx err sc (status 0x1c44)
complete urb c04b5f50, actual_length 0, status -1
unlink_urb(urb=c04b5f50,qtype=2) status -110
unlink_urb(urb=c04b5f50) done
usb.c: USB device not responding, giving up (error=-110)
m8xxhci_free_dev(usb_dev=c0fcca00)
m8xxhci_free_dev(dev=c0fcca00) done

The SOFs disappear too!

In some rare cases (when I connect a HUB), the SOFs don't
disappear. In this cases the 4-port HUB is recognized
partially.

Christian Schroeder

Dr.-Ing. Christian Schroeder
Institut fuer Mikroelektronik- und Mechatronik-Systeme
Langewiesener Strasse 22
98693 Ilmenau
Telefon: +49 3677 678315
Telefax: +49 3677 678337
Mobil:   +49 173 5789172
e-mail:  [email-masked]
www:     http://www.imms.de/~christi/cs.html
pgp:     finger [email-masked]

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/