Subject: Re: RFC: cpm2_devices.c

From: Allen Curtis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 09:39:03 -0700

>> So have we answered your question regarding the inclusion of DMA and
>> CPM in the platform_device array? If I am reading this correctly, all
>> the individual CPM "objects" should be defined in the device structure
>> with their physical address location defined. The complete IMMAP
>> structure can then be constructed from these objects if required.
>
> Actually, I dont feel that anyone has given a reason why or how they 
> would use CPM, DMA, SI1, SI2 if they were platform devices.
>

Think about the breaking up of the immap structure into little pieces 
with offsets defined in platform_devices....  This is how I read the 
previous conversation.

>> Is it possible to add some flags to the IORESOURCE information to
>> address the differences in SCC structures between processor types?
>> Perhaps something like this could be used to apply the correct
>> structure cast in the device driver. Just a thought...
>
> I envisioned this being a field in the platform_data structures for 
> the devices.
>
Then you envision a device specific structure for each platform_device, 
even if the sole purpose is to convey version information? Ok...

- Allen