Subject: Re: your mail

From: David Edelsohn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 12:42:55 -0500

>>>>> Gabriel Paubert writes:

Gabriel> Ok, better like this. Unfortunately for rlwinm and friends, gas allows you
Gabriel> to replace the last 2 parameters by a single value (bit mask), for
Gabriel> example: rlwinm r3,r4,0, 0x00ffff00, but it does not work if you have the
Gabriel> complementary mask (ones, zeros, ones) so you can't type rlwinm
Gabriel> r0,r0,0,~MSR_EE. Note that gcc/egcs would generate the code with the
Gabriel> rlwinm instruction. Anybody wants to tweak binutils to allow this ?

	I think that this already was discovered and fixed in the
development sources.  From the ChangeLog:

Wed Aug 12 14:00:38 1998  Ian Lance Taylor  <[email-masked]>

        From Peter Thiemann <[email-masked]>:
        * ppc-opc.c (insert_mbe): Handle wrapping bitmasks.
        (extract_mbe): Likewise.

David

[[ This message was sent via the linuxppc-dev mailing list. Replies are ]]
[[ not forced back to the list, so be sure to  Cc linuxppc-dev  if your ]]
[[ reply is of general interest. To unsubscribe from linuxppc-dev, send ]]
[[ the message 'unsubscribe' to [email-masked] ]]