Subject: Ways to contribute back

From: Kevin Hendricks <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 11:34:53 -0500

Hi,

I am looking for some way to contribute back to Linux.

As I understand things, the following people have taken responsibility for the
following projects:

kernel / drivers	- Paul and Cort and many others (especially if
		you count embedded, and YDL guys and LinuxPPC guys

glibc 		- Geoff 

gcc, binutils 	- Franz, David, Richard, etc

gdb		- Kevin B., Franz?

mozilla		- Ani Joshi, (Franz?)

XFree86	- Anthony and Tom 

Do we have or need people working with GNOME?  KDE? Specific Drivers?

Are there other projects we should get our finger into to make sure they work
well with PowerPC?

If I have missed anyone, I apologize, I just wanted to get a more organized
list for other developers to see for contacts and things.  

Please post additions and/or changes to this list and lets get it posted on the
www.linuxppc.org site (since it is becoming a developer site) with maybe a place
for needy projects or lazy developers to get together.

That way if a desirable project would like to port to LinuxPPC and needs help
with the port they can get in touch with people who can provide that help.

Ideas?

Comments?

Thanks, 

Kevin

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/