Subject: HOTO start with linux 2.6.* and ML403

From: Mirek23 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 06:13:38 -0700 (PDT)

I am new in embedded linux on xilinx boards.

I have found great links how to deal with linuxppc 2.4 and xilinx boards
like:
http://www.klingauf.de/v2p/index.phtml
unfortunately I did not find a similar page refering to kernel 2.6.

I have tried on my own to load kernel 2.6.20  from kernel.org
I have modified the Makfile setting:
ARCH := ppc
CROSS_COMPILE   := powerpc-405-linux-gnu-

I have configured the kernel according to the description:
http://www.linux.get2knowmore.com/2006/06/30/quick-guide-linux-26-on-xilinx-virtex-ii-pro-boards-part-i/

and just after "make zImage" I have got:
  CC      arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace.o
arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace.c:537:1: directives may not be used inside a
macro argument
arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace.c:536:36: unterminated argument list invoking
macro "audit_syscall_entry"
arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace.c: In function `do_syscall_trace_enter':
arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace.c:538: warning: implicit declaration of function
`audit_syscall_entry'
arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace.c:544: warning: left-hand operand of comma
expression has no effect
arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace.c:544: warning: left-hand operand of comma
expression has no effect
arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace.c:544: warning: left-hand operand of comma
expression has no effect
arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace.c:544: warning: left-hand operand of comma
expression has no effect
arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace.c:544: syntax error before ')' token
make[1]: *** [arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace.o] Error 1
make: *** [arch/powerpc/kernel] Error 2

I do not know if the kernel 2.6.20 is the most suitable one to deal with
xilinx boards?

What would be than the best kernel version 2.6.* to deal with ML403 and the
Board support package generated by Xilinx EDK 8.2 SP2?

Where to find some good reference how to start with linux 2.6.* and ML403
(or simillar boards).

Thanks in advance for every hint.

Mirek

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/HOTO-start-with-linux-2.6.*-and-ML403-tf3559287.html#a9939239
Sent from the linuxppc-embedded mailing list archive at Nabble.com.