Subject: Re: Build cross tools for PowerQUICCIII

From: Kumar Gala <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 09:52:48 -0600

I've attached some patches Freescale has developed and sent Dan K. to 
include into crosstool.  Feel free to use these until Dan K. 
incorporates them into crosstool:

http://gate.crashing.org/~galak/crosstool-0.28-rc37-e500.patch.bz2
http://gate.crashing.org/~galak/crosstool-0.28-extra-patches.patch.bz2

Two patches are needed for crosstool-0.28-rc37, and are attached:

1/ e500 toolchain patch.

This patch contains the following:

   - spe patches for glibc-2.3.2 and glibc-2.3.2,
     - gcc-3.4.3-e500-glibc-2.3.3-spe.dat
     - powerpc-e500.dat
     - powerpc-e500.config (e500 kernel config for 2.6.9)
     - demo-e500.sh

demo-e500.sh will build an e500 toolchain comprising gcc-3.4.3
glibc-2.3.3, and binutils-2.15

2/ getandpatch EXTRA_PATCHES patch.

This is a patch for getandpatch to permit additional patches (in
addition to the standard crosstool patches) that are needed to be
applied for a toolchain build.  To do this the environment variable
EXTRA_PATCHES is set to the name of the patches needed.  For example
when building the e500 toolchain EXTRA_PATCHES needs to be set to "spe"
to apply the spe patches to glibc.  The glibc spe patches are located
in: crosstool-0.28-rc37/patches/glibc-2.3.2-spe
  The advantage that this gives is that all the standard crosstool 
patches
for glibc-2.3.2 can remain in their original directory, and the spe
patches are applied in addition to the normal glibc patches.

- kumar

On Jan 9, 2005, at 11:21 PM, Aubrey Lee wrote:

>      Hi, I want to build cross tools for PowerQUICCIII（mpc8540, e500 
> core）,
>      Had anyone built cross tools successfully by cross-tools-0.28?
>       What type of target should I set? Could you tell me the versions
>  you have used?
>       Thank you!
>      Best regards
>
>     Aubrey
>  _______________________________________________
> Linuxppc-embedded mailing list
>  [email-masked]
> https://ozlabs.org/mailman/listinfo/linuxppc-embedded