Subject: Re: /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_always_defrag

From: Chris Boot <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 21:04:29 +0100

>
> Chris Boot [[email-masked]] wrote:
>
>> One minor problem though, is that when I boot up (from a LinuxPPC 2000
>> installation), after the "Entering non-interactive startup" message, I
>> get a message stating that it could not find the file
>> "/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_always_defrag", which it tries to set to "1" by
>> echoing to it.  Can this be ignored?  Is there a way of either getting
>> this proc entry back or removing the script code that echoes to it?  I
>> must admit that I haven't looked at any of the files in /etc/rc.d with
>> great detail...
>
> this is controlled by /etc/sysctl.conf

I _have_ no /etc/sysctl.conf file...  I never have had...  I'll just have to
hunt through all my rc scripts to find it.

--
    .-.        Chris Boot
    /v\     [email-masked]
   // \\
  /(   )\   L   I   N   U   X
   ^^-^^   >Phear the Penguin<

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/