Subject: Re: Embedded initrd with static programs

From: "Ashwin Bihari" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 11:46:02 -0500

>It really depends on how many apps you're including.  If you only need
>one app then copying all of glibc in is a waste.  If you've got a bunch
>of apps then it's probably better to copy on the shared libs.
>
>On the other hand, if you can get all your apps to compile against
>uClibc (or one of the other small libs replacements) then you'll be much
>better off.  glibc is huge.
>
>mh

I only intend to use a very small set of tools to accomplish what I want to.
So I figured I didn't need to bother with the shared libraries. And having
finally gotten all the stuff I needed statically compiled and working, I'm
pretty happy with it. :)

_________________________________________________________________
Get dial-up Internet access now with our best offer: 6 months @$9.95/month!
http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/